30 September 2006

The world may end now



After 33 years, I can officially declare myself a woman.

It has nothing to do with sex, childbirth or profound mental/emotional revelations. No, it goes further into the mysteries of the cosmos than any of those things. Today...I wanted a pair of shoes.

Let me just say that I am a barefoot kinda girl. I hate shoes. Loathe them. Given the choice between wearing heels and a root canal, I'd pick the maniac dentist everytime. Until now.

Yep, those boots right there. Saw them in Target when I was looking for sensible pumps to wear to a job interview. I had to have them. I tried to avoid them. I walked away and browsed the obnoxious pointy-toed pumps. But they called to me across the shoe department, "Jooooooo! Come put us on. We'll make your calves look sexy instead of fat!"

So I went to try them on, figuring they wouldn't zip over my fat and swollen legs and I could put this whole ridiculous shoe business behind me.

Surprise, surprise. They fit. And they look PHENOMENAL. Of course, I had to go buy a skirt to go with them. And a sweater to go with that. Shame, that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great that you feel ok in your on skin

Anonymous said...

And did you buy fries with them? :)

Anonymous said...

mmmmm boots....

Anonymous said...

Wow, this could have saved many the costs and hassle of a sex change!
Very nice post though!

Devout Hypocrite said...

Rosuav, it took me a minute to get that! I almost wish I'd upsized to get a jacket too...

Bela, I'm converted! I'm -such- a boots girl now. Sadly, today, I bought some sensible shoes. I wanted more boots!

Anonymous 2, heh.

Devout Hypocrite said...

Mi hermana, mis zapatos son el tamaƱo 9.

I wish they were 8 1/2. Before I ever had babies, I was a size 8! After Peanut, I was 8 1/2. After Punkin, size 9.