14 June 2007

It's all on me

So you know, I'm pretty drained. Punkin's been sick since Saturday night, which means I basically have slept 16 hours (including todays 2 1/2 hour nap) since then. I flunked a chemistry quiz this morning even though I knew the information because I was too tired to concentrate.

But that's not today's topic! I am going to rant! There will even be one or two bad words!

For all you "Christians" (and I use quotes there because, yeah, some of you are the real deal but I'm not talking to you) who told me I shouldn't divorce my husband...or those who said let the divorce proceed but I need to sit around FOREVER and never date or remarry because my husband might come to his senses, get help and get better and then come back....

I think the fucker's remarried.

He told his family he was marrying this other chick the day after he divorced me. I, of course, thought it was bunk. But, um, my dad overheard him talking to his attorney while we were waiting to be divorced.

He canceled his visit with the kids last Sunday which now seems suddenly so crystal clear. Perhaps he was honeymooning?

Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I'm hurt. No, I don't want him back. I don't want a THING to do with him.

But sheesh, could he have let the corpse of the marriage cool a little?

2 comments:

Jan said...

Sorry, Jo... I don't know what else to say. I'm glad you are free of that is the best thing!??

Chris Angelico said...

*hug*

He's not the first person to marry within a tiny amount of time of a divorce being completed. I heard of someone whose wife divorced him because he was spending far too much time with his secretary (he claimed that she was just a very efficient secretary), and a week after the divorce was complete, he married her - the secretary, that is. And apparently it takes a month or something to get a licence for the marriage, too. Just an efficient secretary, of course.

Well. A chapter of your life is closed. I trust the next will be more pleasant.