07 January 2007

I always hated the beach

Amusingly enough, I've started the South Beach Diet. My mother lost a bunch of weight and was eventually employed by a competing weight-loss program so this is kind of a secret. I'm also in a place in my life where I just want ready-made menu plans that I can sort of work from, so South Beach online was just what I needed.

I looked at the Zone and Atkins and (at the opposite end of the spectrum) the McDougall plan, but none of them seemed nutritionally sound to me. The vegetarian version of South Beach makes a lot of sense. You go off of carbs (except those found in beans) for two weeks and then add them back in.

The first day was crazy and I felt horrible at the end of it. Could barely move and had an awful headache. The second day was slightly better but I confess I wanted sugar more than anything!

Today I woke up feeling great. I'm not sure I've lost any weight but I do feel better than I have in a while.

No comments: