16 January 2007

The better birthday

The day after my previous blog entry, on my REAL birthday, I got to get away and be myself for a while. My parents watched Tater and Peanut and a friend watched Punkin and Bean for the weekend. I went to visit my oldest and dearest friend in scenic Columbia, SC (that's the state capital, if you're trying to remember what you learned in 5th grade). Friday night we went out to eat Mexican, had a few margaritas. I -promise- I didn't realize they were strong. Wow. Tequila's a sneaky little bugger. We also went dancing. I do admit that much of my "dancing" involved me standing around and mocking people.

But the best part of my night came from a certain friend who:

a. remembered it was my birthday, despite a serious case of ADD.
b. called me early in the evening and talked to me through the ride to Mexican food (and later, laughed with me as I described the "dancing")
and
c. gave me a HUGE birthday surprise that I'll blog some other time.

The next day was precious to me, as I was just...introspective but not in a bad way. Got to hang out with my friend and just be who we are. Reminisced a bit. Went to the used CD store. Ate collard greens and jumbalaya together.

My birthday itself turned out to be great. :) Thanks for all of the bday wishes and just being there, guys. You're great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your present is late. You can just deal until then :p And I can't be bothered logging in either, bah!

Anonymous said...

I love the whole thing... especially the part about Foo. And the end... that made me cry.
Rae