09 October 2006

I feel funny

OK, I've been thinking a lot about the good and attractive parts of me. Not that I'll be dating anyone anytime soon...I mean, these four kids are SUCH a draw, aren't they? Plus I'm not divorced yet. And there's the whole Jesus Freak thing I've got going. And the general weirdness of me (including the fact that everyone I find interesting lives very far away). Yeah, I have a feeling I may never, EVER go out on a proper date in my life. You know: dinner, show, kiss at the door. Haven't done it yet and I'm 33.

Anyway. I know I'm not the best-looking person in the world. Though my pants sizes (and pants!) are dropping like flies, I'm still in possession of more than a few spare pounds. At my estimate, I probably have 60 more to go. Maybe 55 at this point.

Besides the weight, I've got hair that just frizzes like crazy, insane red skin tone that always looks like I've been drinking or working out or something, and somehow have acne AND grey hair. If I didn't wax regularly, I'd have a moustache, a beard and bushy eyebrows. THANK GOD for professional waxing!

But I have one thing going for me that I think helps a lot: I am witty. I am funny. I make people feel good about themselves and I make them laugh. I also insist on doing atypical things like spinning around in the middle of public places whilst singing "The hilllllls are aliiiiiive with the sound of music" instead of, y'know, walking sedately along holding hands or something. I keep people on their toes! Which could well be why I've never been on a proper date. Or ever received a romantic letter. Or, really, a compliment.

Wait, I take that back. A guy I dated when I was 19 told me that I inspired him to stop sitting around on his butt and do more with his life. That's certainly a compliment, right?

Except I think he's still working in the same bowling alley since 1992. Apparently I'm not THAT inspirational. *sighs*

(edited to add)
I've realized that the bowling guy came directly before the abusive husband, and directly AFTER the guy who came out as gay right after we dated. Who, incidentally, was not long after the guy who killed himself. Do stunningly pretty girls have such issues?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But do you embarrass your kids by dancing to Michael Jackson in Burdines or shaking your butt in church like other mothers do? hemmm...

Anonymous said...

>Apparently I'm not THAT inspirational. *sighs*

Hey, but you stopped dating him, right?

You're just awesome!

Anonymous said...

quote - Do stunningly pretty girls have such issues? /quote

Yes, but that's a whole other blog in itself... sigh, maybe I should dust it off and bring it back up.

Devo, is blogging helping? My blogging was really helping me until the person in question who was bringing me down (hence the blog) found out and... less just leave it there and say the rest is history (maybe to blog again?)

Devout Hypocrite said...

Bela, blogging is great. Honestly, there's SO much to get off one's chest. Sadly, I can't get everything off my chest because...well, just because. ;) But it helps.