23 October 2006

Friends

There is nothing like a friend. Seriously, I've never been a big FRIEND person just because I tend towards solitary activities like reading, writing, etc. Plus I was so darn insecure for so many years that I just didn't make friends very easily.

But boy, do I appreciate you guys. Some of my friends read this blog and some don't. Some of you who read my blog are friends and some aren't.

I went through a super-rough time on Wednesday night and I can't tell you how awesome it was to be able to call someone, tell him I was stressed out and have an instant comedian on my hands. It was so great to know that I had people to be there, even if they weren't able to be there physically. And yes, it would be nice to have a REAL hug from someone but sometimes that just isn't possible. I'm thankful for what I've got.

I guess there are some of you reading who don't have friends to call in case of emergency. So let me into your lives, people! I'll be there, even if I'm not THERE!

And now some quotes from the great CS Lewis:

Eros will have naked bodies; Friendship naked personalities.

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!"

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!"

And what bliss that moment is! That moment when three of us simultaneously realised that the other two agreed with us. And those who don't believe what we do probably didn't even know what we were talking about...

It's a wonderful life.
(And no, there's no crossover to Star Trek here.)

Anonymous said...

OMFG, theres someone else from Australia!!! I thought I was the only one!